BILINGUAL CHINESE-ENGLISH MAJOR: 4 YEAR PROGRAM
Graduates will be conferred a degree of Bachelor of Arts in Chinese and acquire an English level equivalent to a degree of Associate of Arts in English. They can get the second degree: Bachelor of Arts in English if they go for some required credits.
This program provides graduates with political and moral qualities, academic knowledge, professional skills and etiquette so that they can not only find and solve common problems in specialized fields but also meet socio-economic needs in such a new era of globalization.
II. JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
With language skills and knowledge in four and a half years studying in Faculty of Foreign Languages, Ton Duc Thang University, students are able to work in Chinese and English working environment.There are a range of employment opportunities for graduates. They may find employment in the tourist industry, business and commerce, foreign affairs and trade, event and conference management and so on. Nowadays there is a great demand of workforce who is proficient in English and Chinese, so almost all graduates are able to find suitable jobs in foreign companies from China, Taiwan, Hongkong, Singapore and so on.
Students can apply for last-semester internship, take 3+1 program in Business Management or English, and have opportunites to receive postgraduate scholarships in other majors in Taiwan.
On completion of the program, students should be able to:
- Have a relatively comprehensive understanding of an area in social science and humanities necessary for a language specialist;
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in all four skill areas (listening, speaking, reading, writing);
- Acquire necessary knowledge of and skills in pedagogy, business, and tourism.
- Gain a familiarity with study skills and research methods at university level, which should later support students who wish to pursue higher education.
- Acquire necessary knowledge of and skills in translating and interpreting.