WELCOME TO FACULTY OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES (FFL)
Since April 16, 1998, the Faculty of Foreign Languages (FFL) has made far-reaching changes, contributing to the sustainable development of Ton Duc Thang University.
Currently, FFL offers four different Bachelor’s (BA) and Master’s (MA) study programs. The three majors, English Language, Chinese Language in four years, and Chinese-English Language in five years enhance effective use of the most widely used languages in the world for undergraduates.
Moreover, for English students in the pursuit of academic excellence, our MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL 4+1) can be an ideal option. Students are instructed to utilize a comprehensive approach to their pursuits by using a mix of research and experimental learning. Especially, they can complete the master’s program within the span of only one year because some modules are integrated into the four year BA program in English Language.
FFL is one of the largest and most prestigious departments at TDTU, attracting thousands of students thanks to its reasonable and scientific curriculum, focusing on various sets of skills, practice, and career orientation.
Besides reinforcing students’ language skills, linguistics, and theoretical comprehension regarding literature, culture and specialized knowledge in teaching English or business, students have plenty of opportunities to undertake internships at relevant domestic and international organizations.
1. All of our programs are referred to the BA’s programs of the universities in the Top 100 in the QS World University Rankings 2014 – 2015.
2. Our teaching staffs hold doctorate and master’s degrees from prestigious domestic and international universities.
3. FFL students
- learn in a dynamic and inclusive environment with modern facilities;
- have opportunities to practice language skills with foreign lecturers;
- engage in exciting activities with international students;
- undertake internships at entrepreneurs in Taiwan, China, Thailand, and Vietnam, etc.;
- become involved in events organized by TDTU’s and FFL’s clubs to improve soft skills and communication competency;
- assess chances to pursue higher education by receiving post graduate scholarships in Taiwan, China, Thailand, and Czech Republic, etc.
4. Future job prospects
- Graduates who are equipped with ethics, language skills, specialized knowledge, professional manners, and political qualities effectively work in various working environment that require English and Chinese such as business, commerce, services, administration, and education, etc.
- Business-majored graduates can work in a wide range of business sectors including import-export and marketing. Those who have been trained in the pedagogical strand can teach English and Chinese at educational organizations. According to TDTU’s latest statistic, 100% of FFL students are able to find stable jobs after graduating from the university.
- Division of Basic Language Skills
- Division of General language skills
- Division of Linguistics, Culture and Literature
- Division of Teaching Methodology
- Division of Business English
- Division of Chinese Language Skills
- Division of Specialized Chinese
- Address: Room B005, No. 19, Nguyen Huu Tho Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Tel: (028) 37 755 033; Hotline: 090 634 9410
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://ffl.tdtu.edu.vn